NTSV supports the strengthening of Traditional Owner Corporations and sustainable economic development outcomes by:
- working with corporations to leverage the potential of settlements, assisting to develop capacity and economic opportunities
- supporting the Victorian Federation of Traditional Owner Corporations to realise the potential of collective initiatives
- promoting and coordinating State-wide level strategies and initiatives that strengthen the roles and functions of the corporations.
In addition, NTSV is increasingly focusing on services in the post-determination environment and the importance of:
- recognising the need for a long term and intergenerational perspective
- understanding the collective processes for the governance, ownership and management of resources and assets
- balancing the holistic, or triple bottom line, approaches to development pathways.
Recently emerging initiatives and investments include:
- Cultural heritage management
- Operations and assets management
- Natural resource management
- Wider regional and community development.